Start Your Own Outdoor Movie Rental Business!
If you've owned a Backyard Theater Systems setup for any length of time, chances are that one of your friends or party guests has said to you, “Boy, I wish I could get my hands on one of these outdoor theater systems just for my birthday party (or anniversary celebration, or Super Bowl party, or World Series party, et cetera).” In other words, they're not ready to invest in their own system, but they'd love to have one when they need it. Well, guess what – there are a lot more folks out there who probably wish the same thing. And that means you can make a tidy side income renting outdoor theater systems to them!
How would you go about this? The basics are simple enough. Purchase a few of our backyard theater systems, and then charge a daily rental fee for individuals and organizations who need such a system for an isolated event. We've been selling systems to entrepreneurial customers who are pursuing this very course of action, so we know it's a popular idea. But of course there are plenty of other variables you'll want to think about as you're setting up your new side business, including:
- How much you want to charge per day
- How many systems to invest in (you might start with one and then gauge the demand for more as you go)
- How you'll want to handle late fees, equipment damage and other issues
- Whether you want to offer optional sizes or configurations, from our Showcase Series to our Indoor/Outdoor Series
- Any local or state tax issues associated with running your own business
- Whether you'd like to rent accessories such as chairs or benches
- How much storage space you have to accommodate the equipmentGive a backyard theater rental business some thought – and then give us a call!